Digital parking is one of the fastest growing and widely used Smart City Solutions all over the world. Universities, airports, city garages and shopping centers are just a few things that have started to perceive the notable benefits of automated/smart parking technology using various Digital Parking apps. The ability to connect, scrutinize and automate data collected from devices, described as and powered by the Internet of Things, is what makes this modern parking system possible.
If we take an example, then it can be the showcasing of the smart parking systems in the city of Sao Paulo, the widely known Zona AzulDigital. As we are aware of the fact that parking a vehicle on the streets of a busy city is a difficult task. A huge number of vehicles in motion and restricted areas for use are some of the challenges faced by the commuters in the daily debate for a parking space. There is a much better news thatZona Azulis in a proper working mode, operating on the Microsoft’s cloud platform, Azure.
Digital parking system uses the real-time data and applications, and low-cost sensors that enable users to observe the unavailable and available parking locations. The aim is to decrease and automate the time spent on parking physically searching for the feasible parking lot, spot, and even floor. Some systems will enclose a complete collection of services like parking time notifications, online payments and even car searching options for larger parking lots. An automatic parking solution can hugely benefit both the lot owners as well as the users. Below are some of the top advantages:
- Optimized parking: Users can find the best parking spot available, that will eventually save their time, efforts and resources. The parking lot gets occupied effortlessly and space can be used properly by corporate and commercial entities.
- Reduction in Traffic: Traffic flow increases as less number of cars are needed to drive around searching for an open parking space.
- Reduction in Pollution: Searching for an open parking space burns too much of vehicle oil in a day. An optimum parking solution will notably decrease the driving time, therefore lowering the amount of daily vehicle discharge and eventually decreasing the global ecological footprint.
- Improved User Experience: A digital parking solution will blend the entire user experience into a joint action. Driver’s payment, location search, time notifications and spot identification all smoothly and continuously become part of the destination arrival process.
- New Revenue Streams: Many latest revenue streams are viable with this smart parking system. For instance, owners of the parking lot can allow tiered payment options depending on the parking space location. In addition, reward programs can be combined into existing models to encourage regular users.
- POS and Integrated Payments: Returning users can replace daily, manual cash payments with application payments and account invoicing from their phone. This could also authorize customer faith programs and helpful user feedback.
- Increased Safety: Security guards and employees contain real-time data of the parking lot that can help in preventing suspicious activity and parking violations. Recognition cameras for the license plate can collect pertinent footage. Additionally, reduced spot-searching traffic on the roads can lessen accidents caused by the hindrance of searching for parking.
- Real-Time Data and Trend Insight: Gradually, a digital parking solution can create data that unveils trends and connections of parking lots and users. These trends can turn out to be indispensable to parking lot owners as to how to make improvements and adjustments to drivers.
- Decreased Management Costs: Less manual activity and more machine control save on resource fatigue and labor cost.
- Enhanced Service and Brand Image: A smooth experience can really boost the brand image of the commercial or corporate entities to the user. Whether the destination is an airport, a corporate business office, or a retail store, visitors will definitely be impressed with the leading edge technology and accessibility factors.
As evidence of the above-mentioned advantages, the employment of a digital parking solution using a Digital Parking appwould definitely be a substantial investment for any company or government. Even after having about four parking spots per vehicle in some big cities of the world, people still cannot find the space to park their vehicles. As the worldwide population continues to expand and sophisticate, it is important to execute a convenience-driven and well-planned parking solution that can be used all over the world.
Source : medium.com by Marcos Morelli